Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2104 Ridgeline with reverse solenoid replacement due to a

Customer Question
damn squirrel chewing the wire...
2104 Ridgeline with reverse solenoid replacement due to a damn squirrel chewing the wire harness. What is the ballpark figure the dealer should charge for such service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Honda Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK
JA: What year is your Ridgeline?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Towed to the dealer and they are doing the job
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
9/14/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Sorry to hear about your furry problem. I have done plenty of damage repairs from chewy rodents.

The shift solenoid assembly is $430.13 retail price. It sells for a list price of $301.95. Most dealers mark up the part approx 30% above list or to $392.54. Labor to replace the solenoid is approx .7 hrs.(7 tenths) Shop rates vary between $120 and 150. Labor at the most should be $105. Time to repair the wiring harness if damaged is straight time. It depends on how quick the technician is. I would approximate the wiring repair to be 1 hour. Parts labor and straight time approx $647....Bad Mouse!!

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic