Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

The check engine light comes on I've replaced the spark

Customer Question
plugs but it still comes...
The check engine light comes on I've replaced the spark plugs but it still comes on and when it does othe car loses power and I put the gas pedal all the way to the floor then it finally picks up speed and the last time the same thing happened but my RPM were stuck at 4 and wouldn't kick back down.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It fluctuate when the engine light comes on
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2006 accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've took it to get services and no codes show up and all the sis was change out the spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do you know what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the light come on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright and thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There were no codes that came up when the garage checked
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is why this concerns me as this has done it before and now it seems to be doing it more often.

If the check engine light is coming on then there has to be a fault code and or codes. Can you stop by your local parts store such as one like Auto Zone and have them run a scan on it and see what they are. They will do this for you at no charge. In order to be able to help you Im going to need to know the fault code and or codes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright I will stop by Auto Zone and have them look for a fault code thank you

Post back when you can and we can work from there to help you get this resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will send a post when I get to auto zone. Thank you

Sounds good. Talk to you then. Post back on this page.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will and thanks Ron!

Your very welcome.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician