Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Really Can you help me? My good friend/backyard Mechanic

Customer Question
says I need a new...
Really Can you help me? My good friend/backyard Mechanic says I need a new cold start valve.Local chain stores don't have it. When the weather is cold the car will start but idle high. If you rev the engine to level it off it will act like it wants to stall and sometimes does. Then it wont start at all for a few minutes.It will run REALLY rough until I'vedriven about 20 minutes and then runs fine.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Bought new battery,spark plugs,fuel filter and even paid extra for non-ethanol gas
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 94 honda accord LX
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new battery,spark plugs fuel filter Non-ethanol fuel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I love my car. 308,000 miles
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
9/6/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, Honda actually calls the cold start valve the fast idle valve(see attached)

RockAuto carries it in stock

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/honda,1994,accord,2.2l+l4,1167263,emission,fast+idle+valve+solenoid,4982?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2F

You will see 2 listed. 1 is for with automatic transmission and 1 is with manual transmission. Just select the one applicable for your vehicle

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager