Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

The alarm keeps going on when we open the driver door, Had

Customer Question
The alarm keeps going on...
The alarm keeps going on when we open the driver door
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Had to jump the battery. Checked fuses inside. Are there other fuses?
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2002 Honda accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery is 20 days old
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes fixing myself. Took fuses out and replaced. Didn't stop the alarm.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

After jumping or disconnecting the battery the alarm needs to be reset. Close all of the doors and use the key in the drivers door lock cylinder. Turn the key to lock then unlock. There is a small micro switch on the door lock to reset the alarm system. It will also arm and disarm the alarm just like the key fob transmitter. This works as long as it's a Honda alarm that honks the horn. If it's a siren going off it takes a different procedure.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Honda-Man

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic