Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

My radio out of the blue stop working, factory amp and

Customer Question

My radio out of the blue stop working
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: factory amp and speaker is fine receiving feedback but a buzzing sound
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2008 Honda Odyssey
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I removed the fuse to stop the buzzing sound I had the fuse removed for over a week this past Sunday I reinserted it and it asked me for a code I entered it and the radio worked f The next morning the did not function
Category: Honda
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 months ago.

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Removal of the Fuse "reset" the Unit.
There was a Honda Campaign for this issue, which was to Replace the Unit because of bad solder Flux used in Manufacturing
The Campaign expired in 2011

08-026

May 22, 2009

Applies To:

2008 Odyssey (except LX) - From VIN 5FNRL38..8B061204 thru 5FNRL38..8B065332 - From VIN 5FNRL38..8B417185 thru 5FNRL38..8B418985

Product Update: Audio Unit Display Is Not Readable or Tune and Volume Knobs Do Not Work

(Supersedes 08-026, dated May 7, 2008, to revise the information marked by the black bars and asterisks)

*REVISION SUMMARY

Under WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION, the end date of this product update has been added.*

BACKGROUND

During the manufacturing of affected audio units, contaminated flux was used to solder the printed circuit board. The contamination creates circuit board corrosion that causes an erratic display. On some audio units, the tune and volume knobs may not work.
.
You may be able to find a Radio Repair Shop Locally, On-Line, or have the Honda Dealer send it in for Repair, but often you can find the "same Model Number" Unit On-Line, E-Bay, etc for less than Repair

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

sorry...........not able to call
We can continue here

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The radio was working fine. I do not have an issue with the volume or Audio Display Unit. The radio went completely dead and left a buzzing sound (feedback) through the speakers. The CD and DVD are functioning. I am trying to correlate the feedback provided above with the issue I am trying to resolve. I

You posted:
My radio out of the blue stop working

removed the fuse to stop the buzzing sound

.
This correlates to the same issue that Honda had............
sorry if the answer is not what you wanted to see...........
I have been repairing Factory Radios for Honda, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, Chrysler for over 20 years
Will OPT OUT & RELIST
Please do not respond to this, as it will LOCK the question
IF someone else has more info, they will post here
thanks