Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Rear climate control, heat and AC, in 2005 Honda Odyssey

Customer Question
Touring not working--no air comes...
Rear climate control, heat and AC, in 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring not working--no air comes from rear vents. Front AC and heat works fine. Rear lock button lights up on front climate controls, but the rear control light does not. Climate controls in second row do not work (no lights or response). I have replaced the rear relay box (rear passenger side, P/N: #38220-SHJ-A02), which fixed issues with sliding doors and rear wiper working intermittently. I have inspected the #1 30 amp fuse in the fuse box on the passenger side and it is serviceable.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
8/29/2016
Mechanic for Honda: acura mstr, Honda Master Tech replied 1 year ago
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. Usually this is the rear blower transistor lets start by testing it first. Here is the test.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/rear%20blower.pdf

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the rear blower transistor, but the problem remains unchanged.

When you performed the test did the blower motor run?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the blower motor runs when I use the jumper.

Ok,Here are the self tests for the system lets see if we can get some info to start testing the inputs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6eq7rryo68gplgf/AAAqc6lnns7Q65qL5Ddtj2vOa?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks! I just did the Communication Circuit self diagnostic Function Test(with rear climate control) on steps 6 and 8:"At the climate control panel, press and hold the fan ▲ button and then the OFF button. While holding both buttons, the fan indicator will light the segment A.If there is any problem in the system, the fan indicator will light corresponding segment (B through E)." and
""At the rear climate control panel, press and hold the fan ▲ button and then the OFF button. While holding both buttons, the fan indicator will light the segment A.If there is any problem in the system, the fan indicator will light corresponding segment (B through E)."In both tests Segment A and C are both lit up. According to the table the next step is: "Open in communication circuit to rear climate control unit and climate control unit." and/or "Faulty rear climate control unit."What would you recommend next?

Check power and ground to the rear climate unit and this connector ,if they are good and no wiring has been added before the problem started then looks like the rear unit is bad.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/connector.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/Climate%20Control%20Rear%20Control%20Panel%20Power%20and%20Ground%20Circuit%20Troubleshooting.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replaced rear climate control unit -- problem still exists. Unable to view the attachment for wiring instructions. Could you please send again?

here it is again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks! Where is the 22 pin connector located?

in the back of the control unit

acura mstr
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech