Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech
19513769

1998 Honda Civic EX 4 door - door wiring breaks ( is the

Customer Question

1998 Honda Civic EX 4 door - door wiring breaks ( is the harness part of the door or is it the main harness reaching into the door?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Windows work fine with driver door closed but if you start opening the drivers door the windows stop working or get suddenly very slow
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In the research phase currently....... also have to deal with a failed catalitic convertor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Again would like to please know if the door wiring thru the driver door disconnects right inside the body ( door harness connecting to body ) or is it a main harness connecting in the door?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the connector is inside the door the main connector to disconnect the wiring from the pass through to the door as seen here

with the arrow C 556

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?