Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2012 Acura TSX is showing a P0752 code, "Faulty shift

Customer Question
solenoid A" JA: Just to clarify...
2012 Acura TSX is showing a P0752 code, "Faulty shift solenoid A"
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: No engine light but Message center is showing "P0725", 2 nd gear is slipping
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the Dual Linear Shift solenoid already but no difference, fluid is clean, no leaks
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 118k miles 4 cyl, 5spd AT
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
8/15/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Drain the ATF (see step 5 under ATF Replacement ) through a strainer. Inspect the strainer for metal debris or excessive clutch material.

Does the strainer have metal debris or excessive clutch material?

YES -Replace the transmission.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No debris, some slight residue on the magnetic drain plug though. Typical from my exp.

p0752

DTC P0752: Shift Solenoid Valve A Stuck ON

NOTE: Before you troubleshoot, record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot with the HDS, and review the General Troubleshooting Information (see GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING INFORMATION ).

1. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).
  2. Make sure that the transmission is filled to the proper level, and check for fluid leaks.
  3. Drain the ATF (see ATF REPLACEMENT ) through a strainer. Inspect the strainer for metal debris or excessive clutch material.

YES -Replace the transmission, then go to step 12.

NO -Replace the ATF (see ATF REPLACEMENT ), then go to step 4.

4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
  5. Clear the DTC with the HDS.
  6. Test-drive the vehicle with the shift lever in D, and let the transmission shift through all five gears.
  7. Monitor the OBD STATUS for P0752 in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

Does the HDS indicate FAILED?

YES -Go to step 8.

NO -If the HDS indicates PASSED, intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. If the HDS indicates NOT COMPLETED, go to step 6.

8. Clear the DTC with the HDS.
  9. Select Shift Solenoid Valve A in the Miscellaneous Test Menu, and check that shift solenoid valve A operates with the HDS.

Is a clicking sound heard?

YES -Go to step 10.

NO -Replace shift solenoid valve A (see SHIFT SOLENOID VALVE TEST, REPLACEMENT, AND SHIFT SOLENOID WIRE HARNESS REPLACEMENT ), then go to step 12.

10. Test-drive the vehicle with the shift lever in D, and let the transmission shift through all five gears.
  11. Monitor the OBD STATUS for P0752 in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

Does the HDS indicate FAILED?

YES -Repair shift valve A, or replace the transmission, then go to step 12.

NO -If the HDS indicates PASSED, intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. If the HDS indicates NOT COMPLETED, go to step 10.

12. Test-drive the vehicle with the shift lever in D, and let the transmission shift through all five gears.
  13. Check for Pending or Confirmed DTCs with the HDS.

Is DTC P0752 indicated?

YES -Go to step 8.

NO -Go to step 14.

14. Monitor the OBD STATUS for P0752 in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

Does the HDS indicate PASSED?

YES -Troubleshooting is complete. If any other Pending or Confirmed DTCs were indicated in step 13, go to the indicated DTC's troubleshooting.

NO -If the HDS indicates FAILED, go to step 8. If the HDS indicates NOT COMPLETED, go to step 12.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Master Technician