HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2006 honda odyssey, one owner, there is static noise coming

Customer Question

2006 honda odyssey, one owner, there is static noise coming from the radio, Honda agrees there is loud static, but can't fix it.....Car toys says entire radio and GPS unit must be Renewed 400.00....noise comes and goes...hot or cold....now mostly stays
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there was some discussion about antenna circuit, spark plug wires, faulty antenna amplifier wire connected, unplugging the anti noise cancelling....but nothing factual...(I can't tell the honda tech there job, nor can I speak with them, only the service writer)......there was an engine light on...but they turned it off...then it came on then off...they say it's nothing to do with the static/noise coming from the radio....or at least so far....I would like to see a TSB on the static/noise....I saw someone with TSB#04-080 audio system unit Diagnosis but I don't know enough to pursue it....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Additionally, the static comes and goes no matter whether am or FM....radio on or radio off....now the static is mostly loud and stays on all the time...is's 90.hot now in Colorado...but problem was in cold winter as well....problem started about 80,000 miles and also started after they renewed the timing belt...maybe pulled something loose?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

May be hard to help over the internet and since I do not know what has already been checked, but I will try.

Is there static when it is sitting still or just going over bumps?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Look I gave you enough information, yes it has static when the engine is on and it is in park, or at still.....You should not have billed me with out answering my question more fully, I gave you a lot of information and I am disappointed you did not even try to list possible solution's....that's not what the last tech did....so I'm going to ask for a refund
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, and thank you for allowing me to assist you with your problem. Question ? does this static noise increase and decrease with engine RPM ?