Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1993 accord with 38000 mi was quitting on road towed to shop

Customer Question

1993 accord with 38000 mi was quitting on road towed to shop they replaced distributor They called me said they was having problems &would get to me later they delivered to me said now I would have to use a little screw driver in shift detent on console I tried to drive it was taking off in 4th gear it was slugish only way i could get to move was pull manualy in 2nd or first gear now only has 1 shift 2 gears ! Checked all fuses with test light inside & out all checked good looked for anything possibly disconnected in & around distributor Changed fluid didn't smell or look burnt ?????
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes both all lit up test light
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like too
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the shifting issues were not a problem before the distributor was replaced most likely when they replaced the distributor they damaged a component on the engine or disconnected a connection or wiring damage needing corrected to resolve this issue here.I would have this checked into further to see if the fault can be located and once located repaired from there.I would also see if they will help with or cover the costs completely to resolve this since this wasnt an issue before it was taken in to them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete