Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

1999 Honda accord ex automatic, when coming to a slow down

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Hi. How can we...
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: 1999 Honda accord ex automatic
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: when coming to a slow down or stop at light the car will shut off. starts back immediately
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: can you assist?
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it cuts off as if I cut it off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the brake ABS light comes on and off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
8/10/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago
Cary York

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Do you have a check engine light on?

Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

Also does it shut off at stop every time or is in intermittent?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not every time intermittent -
Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

Is it a smooth stall or does it jerk and buck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
very smooth stall sometimes I press the gas and then notice
Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you had any repairs done recently? And are there any other warning lights on during normal operation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had front wheel bearing replace and the right speed sensor replaced
Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

It sounds like a dirty throttle body or idle speed control circuit issue. Are there any other warning lights on during normal operation?

Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

If you have no check engine light on I would clean the throttle body first thing. I can walk you through it via phone if you want to do it yourself. If so let me know. I will initiate a phone call.

Remember if you rate me we can still continue to discussion

Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

Its not just one phone call. We can call back several times if needed till the problem is solved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I'll let the mechanic know. Have a great day!! Thanks again!!
Mechanic for Honda: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you. You too.

Cary York
Cary York
Cary York