Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My factory security system going off and i don't have alarm

Customer Question

My factory security system going off and i don't have alarm control
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I can't because the key doesn't work on that side works in the trunk that's all
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it i guess
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, place the key in the iginition and turn to the on position, open and leave open the driver door. Disconnect the negative cable at the battery for at least 2 minutes. With door open and key still in the on position, reconnect the battery cable. The alarm system should sound for 60 seconds and stop. At that point, turn key off, wait 60 seconds and then crank engine.

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.