Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

P2647, 2005 honda pilot, yes, no i replace vtech switch and

Customer Question

p2647
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2005 honda pilot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no i replace vtech switch and sloneiod
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know how long you take
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This code sets when a fault is detected with the engine oil pressure switch.In almost all cases this is the engine oil pressure switch itself that needs replaced.Below is the test procedure for this switch.

DTC P2647: VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage

1. Check the engine oil level.

Is the level OK?

YES - Go to step 2.

NO - Adjust the engine oil to the proper level, then go to step 14.

2. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
3. Clear the DTC with the HDS.
4. Do the VTEC TEST in the INSPECTION MENU with the HDS.

Is the result OK?

YES - Intermittent failure, system is OK at this time. Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the VTEC oil pressure switch and the PCM.

NO - Go to step 5.

5. Check the result of step 4.
- VTEC Switch Failure
- VTEC Switch Open
- VTEC Switch SIG Line Open
- VTEC Switch GND Line Open

Does the test result indicate one of these failures?

YES - Go to step 6.

NO - Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the VTEC oil pressure switch. If it is OK, replace the VTEC solenoid valve, then go to step 16.

6. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Disconnect the VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eil4o0la8zt6mlg/o-08-04.gif?dl=0

8. At the VTEC oil pressure switch, check for continuity between VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector terminals No.1 and No.2.

Is there continuity?

YES - Go to step 9.

NO - Replace the VTEC oil pressure switch, then go to step 16.

9. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itzwokj8zuawk4a/oi-08-04.gif?dl=0

10. Measure voltage between VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector terminal No.1 and body ground.

Is there battery voltage?

YES - Repair open in the wire between the VTEC oil pressure switch and G101, then go to step 13.

NO - Go to step 11.

11. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
12. Jump the SCS line with the HDS.
13. Disconnect PCM connector B (44P).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lujp2i2fhb3h98/oil-08-04.gif?dl=0

14. Connect VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector terminal No.1 to body ground with a jumper wire.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bngdfubgc07k7jb/oils-08-04.gif?dl=0

15. Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal B23 and body ground.

Is there continuity?

YES - Go to step 23.

NO - Repair open in the wire between the PCM (B23) and the VTEC oil pressure switch, then go to step 16.

16. Reconnect PCM connector B (44P).
17. Reconnect the VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector.
18. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
19. Reset the PCM with the HDS.
20. Do the PCM idle learn procedure.
21. Check for Temporary DTCs or DTCs with the HDS.

Are any Temporary DTCs or DTCs indicated?

YES - If DTC P2647 is indicated, check for poor connections or loose terminals at the VTEC oil pressure switch and the PCM, then go to step 1. If any other Temporary DTCs or DTCs are indicated, go to the indicated DTC's troubleshooting.

NO - Go to step 22.

22. Monitor the OBD STATUS for DTC P2647 in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

Does the screen indicate PASSED?

YES - Troubleshooting is complete.

NO - If the screen indicates FAILED, then go to step 1 and recheck. If the screen indicates NOT COMPLETED, go to step 20, and recheck.

23. Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM.
24. Check for Temporary DTCs or DTCs in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

NO - If the PCM was updated, troubleshooting is complete. If the PCM was substituted, replace the original PCM.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete