Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2003 Odyssey both sliding doors have become very jerky on

Customer Question
closing and often stop and...
2003 Odyssey both sliding doors have become very jerky on closing and often stop and reverse. Takes several tries to get 'em closed. I've got >220,000 miles on it so don't want to spend a lot on a dealer repair. Am pretty handy (replaced timing belt myself at 120,000) but don't know where to even get started on these doors.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
8/2/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) to help with that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eztyun8efr9ej3h/POWER%20SLIDING%20DOOR%20TROUBLESHOOTING%20TIPS.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jerry,
I just got around to checking your answer and the link is gone. Please re-post it. Sorry for dragging my feet.

So Sorry, I am just seeing this now, Sept. 21st. and it seems that you had replied Aug. 14th. Normally after a week or so the files get deleted.

I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Mechanic for Honda: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dropbox link doesn’t work. I get message: “404 That file isn’t here anymore. Someone might have deleted the file or disabled the link”Andy

different expert here, the problem is the rollers that are mounted in the quarter panel track, they are plastic rollers and they break this will cause your problem, I have seen and repaired this many times.

This is the part you need for each door

http://www.1aauto.com/2003--honda-odyssey-ex-l-center-sliding-door-roller-assembly-for-models-with-power-sliding-doors-passenger-side/i/1abdo00006?f=715440&y=2003&utm_source=MSN_AdCenter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BingShopping&utm_content=BDO

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The link takes me to nowhere; it doesn't work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How about some installation instructions?

There is no instructions in the manual. But I can tell you based on memory.

Remove the tail lights, remove the body panel above the track in the quarter panel, you have to slide the panel back and pull it out. Support the rear of the sliding door. You can then remove the roller bracket and there are 2 cables that you need to remove. I use a needle nose vise grip to pull off and install the cables.

There are 2 bolts holding the body panel that is above the rear quarter panel track. One bolt is hidden behind the tail light, only the tail lights in the quarter panel need to be taken out, not the lights that are in the gate.

Dan, ASE Certified Technician