How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MASTER TECH Your Own Question
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Category: Honda
Satisfied Customers: 5754
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
Type Your Honda Question Here...
MASTER TECH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need the immobilizer brake code for my honda, no, 99

Customer Question

I need the immobilizer brake code for my honda
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 99 Accord V6
JA: What year is your Accord V60?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin# *****
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today ,

this is a high security question as I will need to verify your ID with your cars Registration these two items must match,

this will be done Via smart phone .

if you can provide these items then I can submit the premium offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased this vehichle last night as a non running vehicle. I assumed I could bypass the immobilizer. I am using this car as a demolition derby car.
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

I will need your ID and reg to verify your the owner of the car but it sounds like this is not possible since you just bought the car last night

Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

so this is going to need to be taken to Honda so they can program the keys to the car.

Sorry for the bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realize you probably cannot tell me. However, i'll ask anyway. I have read up on these immobilizers. Is there something I can cut on the ECU board to dissable it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I tried taking it to the Honda dealership. I only have the single steel key the guy could find for the car. The dealership was no help. Its wrecked (which is why im demoing it) So they didnt even try to help.
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

Hello yes their is a company called hondata that you can send the pcm in and they can bypass it.

oh you will have to have a program key so the steel blank will not work as it does not contain the chip.

you can contact Hondata

they should be able to take care of this for you