Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2013 Honda Accord and noticed today there is a

Customer Question
rattle or vibration coming from...
I have a 2013 Honda Accord and noticed today there is a rattle or vibration coming from the passenger side. Almost sounds like its from the glove box. If you open the passenger door when driving it goes away. I removed sunglasses in holder. I thought maybe that was the problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also checked the seat belt clip
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the lower side panel. It doesn't seem loose.
7/28/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like help still

Has anyone tried placing there ear on areas of the car to try and pinpoint the source. Since it stops with the door open. You may have loose mounted window track inside the door to blame.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't had anyone listen with their ear on areas...that would be a bit difficult but will try

Another option is a stethoscope.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I can try that...I have 2 stethoscope's

Super

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't pinpoint the rattle

Being that I can not hear it I will not be able to pinpoint it either. Are you wanting instructions to remove the door panel to check around inside it or something of that nature?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your help was fine..I just didn't get any further with my problem. I can't seem to find where the noise is coming from. I've googled it and have read answers anywhere from the glove box arm to the lower side panel bolt..

Do you need any steps to get X or Y apart to inspect it. Since I can not hear it, I am not able to just say remove and fix Z and the problem will be solved. I will only be able to tell you how to check it and how to gain access and possibly fix it once you have found the origin it is coming from.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician