George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I am trying to replace my headliner in my 2008 Honda accord

Customer Question

I am trying to replace my headliner in my 2008 Honda accord lx coupe. I have everything disconnected except the back sides. that have the airbags on the side. I removed the plastic clip that says air bag but remaining is another metal clip still holding the headliner in place. What do I do to remove the back side of the headliner?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: It isn't an issue I am replacing the headliner. I am selling the car as soon as I replace it. I have the fabric and glue to finishit. I just need to remove the back of the headliner.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it myself. I took the plastic plug out of the back side of the side windshield that contains the airbag in the back. It has clips after I removed the plastic plug that says Air Bags
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I just need to know how to remove the back side of the headliner on each side to completely remove it from the car so I can replace the liner. It has clips that I don't know how to remove
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 12 months ago.

Hello I will help, the plastic pulls out so it can be removed but there are some connections under it that need to be released.

Click here for procedure

Look that over and let me know how I can help

Thank you

Click here for c pillar trim

Let me know how I can help

Thank you