Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

My "99 crv stop on middle of HWY and I was not able to

Customer Question
my "99 crv stop on...
my "99 crv stop on middle of HWY and I was not able to start. I replace spark plugs and tested fuel pump
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine is turning over and battery is two years old
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 1999 crv
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested fuel pump replace spark plugs and cables
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was driving 110km/h and car lost power engine stop to run
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
7/19/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. During the Q&A or when we are done please go to the rating page and rate. It won't close the question or cost extra. I work for you and a positive rating not JustAnswer.

By far the most common cause of your problem is a bad ignition coil or ignition module(ICM). Both are inside of the distributor housing under the cap. It can cause no spark or weak spark. I see this in 99% of all stalling problems on your year of CR-V. If the plugs were worn or worn out it will cause the coil to fail and or the ICM. Make sure to replace the distributor cap and rotor too. Here is a how to video. https://youtu.be/15Vxf9P88lA

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic