Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Dead batt. first thing after charging and starting eng. ac

Customer Question
compressor blow off valve opened...
dead batt. first thing after charging and starting eng. ac compressor blow off valve opened and closed until no freon left
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: system is empty
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 odyssey
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: was very surprised batt was dead only 3 years old alt. less than 1
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
7/17/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. During the Q&A or when we are done please go to the rating page and rate. It won't close the question or cost extra. I work for you and a positive rating not JustAnswer.

Your dead battery and A/C issues are actually a very common Honda problem. The compressor relay's stick on causing the battery to go dead. It will also cause the compressor pressure to exceed the limit of the pressure relief valve. The relay is in the under-hood fuse box. Under the fuse box lid the schematic(see diagram) shows the position of the compressor relay with a snow flake. The relay is approx $6 at O'Reilly. I am sure most auto pares stores also sell the compressor relay.

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic