Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 2006 V6 honda accord will not start even though the

Customer Question

my 2006 V6 honda accord will not start even though the battery is charged could it be a problem with the anti theft system or the starter
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You need to take the smallest wire off of the starter and check for voltage while the key is in the start position. If you have voltage you will need a new starter. If no power, you could have a security issue. Is there any red security or key lights on the dash? If there is then you will need a scan tool to diagnose as you will have codes stored, and will need to see which ones so you can make a repair decision.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan