HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

05 Accord LX Sedan. Ac wont work, but will when A27 is

Customer Question

05 Accord LX Sedan. Ac wont work, but will when A27 is grounded. What is the brake code for a different PCM so I can see if that is the issue? I've replaced the whole system, and it has a one can charge, so pressure switch is working, and test 2 confirms circuit is ok. Thanks!
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, its a MANUAL Climate control, not dual/auto. Thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also checked A27 from PCM harness to relay. Also, no codes. Would there be anything else left to check?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Before condemning the PCM I'd like you to perform some tests for me to help confirm your diagnosis. Go to the pressure switch 2 pin connector. With the engine running, pressure switch connector PLUGGED up, and a/c switch ON I need you to back probe the BLUE wire terminal in the connector. Report what voltage is on this wire. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12v. I should have said I did that test too. Also 12v on the other hot side, and both others are grounded when key is on/run.
Thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put more info in my first post and left a few things out it seems. The pressure switch is closed 1-4 and open 2-3 too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can get a brake code for my spare PCM, that would be really helpful, and if AC Worked with it that way, I'd just get it reprogrammed. Its 37820-RCA-A96 (Yeah, seems to need an A98, but the car has this one too, and A98s seem to be hard to find too.)SN 13259801-6A960019X0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I did NOT do that test above. I tested the hots for hot and grounds for ground, but NOT while plugged in.I just did that and got 0.06v at the blue wire while running.BTW, Condenser fans run when AC button pushed.Sorry, and a Brake code would still help, but if this tells you something, I'm all ears, as I'd like to save the over $100 for a reprogram lol.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did your test, hoped you'd have something else for me by now...
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

hi, sorry for the delayed response. It's been hectic for me lately. I am back on your issue if you are still needing help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0.06v at blue wire. and gave a PCM SN for possible brake code swap.Thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really hope you can get back to me today.. And wish you had just read my replys..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if its too hectic to reply, please pass my issue along. I'm in TEXAS, can't work on it till after 4pm or later here, and can't reply during the early parts of the day due to work. I took off early today and yesterday hoping you could have at least something else for me to check or even the Code I need to try this PCM.Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused. It looks like the computer will probably fix the problem, but I can't provide you a brake code. I am not even sure you can get these anymore. I will open the question back up for another expert that may be privy to this information.