Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 1999 Honda Prelude (140,000 miles) will randomly not

Customer Question

My 1999 Honda Prelude (140,000 miles) will randomly not start. Just won't turn over. My mechanic can't figure out what to do. Seems like gas isn't getting to the carb/throttle body. No check engine lights or error codes. Fuel pump is good as is ignition. Only way to start car is by throwing a cap full of gas into the throttle body, which I'M Not going to do. Please advise as to what can be done. Thank You. Mae
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You need to check injector pulse. You can use a 194 bulb and bend the tabs out to insert into an injector connector. Disconnect the injector connector, insert bulb, and watch it flash while cranking the engine. If it flashes you have injector pulse. If not, the computer shut down the injectors due to another problem.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan