Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I just replaced my ignition lock assembly in my honda

Customer Question
odyssey and I need to...
I just replaced my ignition lock assembly in my honda odyssey and I need to know how to override the immobilizer so it will start.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: just bought a brand new battery too. it will crank but wont start
JA: What year is your Odyssey?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all ive tried is turning the key
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
7/4/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The immobilizer system does not have a bypass nor over ride option. The HDS scan tool will be needed to program these new keys to the vehicle.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are out of your mind. I am not paying $28 for that! I want a refund.
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician