Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2007 Element with both the Radiator Fan and

Customer Question
Hi Pearl - I have...
Hi Pearl - I have a 2007 Element with both the Radiator Fan and Condenser fan not working
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes, noticed yesterday when we were stuck in heavy traffic. Car began to overheat. We turned A/C off and turn heat on to siphon heat off the engine until we could get out of traffic. Under hood fuses look good and I swapped the relays with the horn relay an they both check out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to diy if possible
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have replaced fan motor on my '05 crv before, but I have a hard time thinking both motors would have failed at once
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
7/3/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

have you checked these switches , if you unplug the connector from either switches and jump the connector with a jumper ( a wire hooked up to both pins , does either fan come on ?

are we getting power to the fan plug, with ignition switch on and a/c on ?

are you getting power to these a/c relay and the radiator fan relay?

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Parts Information OEM Part #Price A/C Pressure Sensor/Switch - Cooling Fan

Pressure Switch

Honda Code(###) ###-####/p>

80440SDAA01 $67.23

Honda Code(###) ###-####/p>

80440SW5A01 $63.15

2007 Honda Truck Element 2WD L4-2.4L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Radiator Cooling Fan Temperature Sensor / Switch

Fan Switch

37870RTA005 $39.67

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace Fan Switch

B0.50.6

HVAC WIRING DIAGRAM

bce238f4-f51c-4bf9-abfe-...gifbce238f...gif2d4ec665-5679-40ca-adbf-...gif2d4ec66...gif790b43fb-d337-44a8-a0f2-...gif790b43f...gif

IF ALL THE FUSE AND RELAYS AND SWITCHES CHECKS OUT ,

LOOK AT THE A/C CONTROL UNIT IN THE DASH , PULL IT OUT AND LOOK AT THE BACK ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR THAT GOES IN IT, SEE ANY EVIDENCE OF BURN OR MELT

also is your blower motor fan inside the car is it working when you turn it on , can u hear it run ?

please let me know

Chad

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician