Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Codes p1009 and p 0341 WILL START BUT WONT IDEL AT ALL THESE

Customer Question

codes p1009 and p 0341 WILL START BUT WONT IDEL AT ALL THESE CODES COME UP
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Code P0341 indicates the cam sensor and crank sensor correlation are incorrect.This can be caused by a stretched timing chain or worn timing gears and will cause the no idle issue here.There was also issues with the VTC actuator needing replaced.

Code P1009 is a code that sets when the VTC has an advance issue/malfunction.

My guess with both of these codes is the VTC actuator or solenoid need replaced or the screen needs cleaned.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint which is the cause here and then repaired from there.This may involve special tools for correct testing to locate the fault with a dealer or local repair center will have to use.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK PETE WHAT SPECIAL TOOLS ARE WE LOOKING AT WE ARE REPAIR SHOP JUST WANTED A SECOND OPION WE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH YOU HERE IS THIS A DEALER REPAIR ONLY OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO AT SHOP

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I dont have the info on the correct test tools or diagnostic procedure on this here.I was looking before when I posted the answer so I could post it here but my info isnt listing it.I posted the common causes though for these codes.I suspect the actuator or screen for the actuator solenoid as an issue here.I apologize and wish I had more info on this for you.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete