Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I HAVE A 2013 ODYSSEY THAT HAS 12,200 MILES. SINCE RETIRED

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2013 ODYSSEY...
I HAVE A 2013 ODYSSEY THAT HAS 12,200 MILES. SINCE I AM FULLY RETIRED NOW THE VAN SPENDS A LOT OF TIME PARKED IN THE DRIVEWAY.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT "SERVICES" IT WOULD NEED. I KNOW THAT THE SERVICE REP PERSON GETS PAID ON COMMISSION AND MAY RECOMMEND THINGS THAT AREN'T REALLY NEEDED.
IT HAS HAD 3 OIL CHANGES SO FAR. THE COOLANT, BATTERY, FREON, CV JOINTS LUBE, ETC. ARE ALL ORIGINAL. I AM ALMOST 73 NOW AND THIS MAY BE MY LAST CAR AND I WOULD LIKE IT TO CONTINUE BEING A RELIABLE CAR. THIS IS MY 3RD ODYSSEY. I HAVE BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH ALL OF THEM. WHAT WOULD NEED TO BE DONE TO KEEP THE VAN RUNNING WELL INTO MY "OLD AGE?"
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
6/30/2016
Mechanic for Honda: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Wow! Let me help you with this,

The best thing you can do is change the oil and filter on a regular basis, I suggest every 5000 miles no matter what the oil life indicator says.

Change the transmission fluid every 60,000 miles and drive it at least 30 minutes every 3-4 days.

Tires get replaced every 8 years if they last that long. The belts do as well.

Gas turns sour in 3 - 4 months, cycle enough through to keep it fresh. Driving it on a regular basis goes a long way to keeping everything working.

Let me know how I can help you with your questions.

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician