Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My brother had an accident and is driving - the horn won't

Customer Question

My brother had an accident and is driving - the horn won't stop honking. How does he disable it?
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2012 Honda accord
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My brother is driving the car. I am not a passenger. I don't know what he's tried.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: just how to stop the horn from honking
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Please give me a few min to look for the best way to disable the horns.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

The horn fuse won't work because it is also for the brake lights. Removing it will disable the brake lights. The horn relay is easy to unplug from the under hood fuse box. It just pulls straight up and out. I have included the location and a picture of the under-hood fuse box where the horn relay is located.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,

~Cliff

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions?

Thank you,

~Cliff