Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

99 honda accord ex relay switch clicking no turn signals but

Customer Question

99 honda accord ex relay switch clicking no turn signals but flashers work
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: fuse is good and all bulbs working
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: accord 99 ex
JA: What year is your Accord?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, pulled out relay put it back in just clicks at a fast pace
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: signals don't work at all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Access the turn signal switch and voltage test the green/yellow and green/blue wires for pulsing power with the hazards on, this will check the turn signal switch wiring. At the turn signal switch select left turn and ohm test from green/blue to green/red if you have continuity then the switch is good. If both pass then the hazard relay is faulty in the fuse box under the left side of the dash.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris