Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 99 Honda CRV Battery had to be replaced now no

Customer Question
radio of clock and can't...
I have a 99 Honda CRV Battery had to be replaced now no radio of clock and can't find code to re-set
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes, new battery put in and no code in manual or glove box
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 99 Honda CRV
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes to both questions
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page where you can book your 1:1 with the Honda Mechanic. I'll share everything we've discussed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
6/24/2016
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 1 year ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.

are you the original owner ?

have you checked in the glove box for a 5 digit code or 8 digit code that's printed on a white sticker ?

Mechanic for Honda: eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

I need the serial number to the radio. Turn the key on power radio off, hold 1 and 6 and hit power button while holding those down

And give me that number

Once you give me that number I can get you your unlock code

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
COdE1

ok so that's not it try it again itll be a longer number that just says code 1

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that 4 xs still just comes up with the Code 1 but keeps adding 1s
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would call so that you could hear my frustration but I don't have a cell phone and don't know if my land line would support the call.

your car is not supported with the 1&6 feature .

this started in 2001 and later.

what did you find in the glove box did you look yet ?

if their is nothing then the radio will have to be removed to get the serial # ***** the radio chassis it's self

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well that didn't do much good because I had tried everything that you told me to do before I paid to have your input. Shucks.

I can provide the directions to remove the radio for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's nice of you but I have to laugh, I am 83 yrs old w/spinal stenosis so I don't think my removing the radio is an option.
Thanks anyway.

on my im so sorry I didn't know.

I wish I their was a way I could help you but with out removing the radio it's next to impossible to recover the code.

do you have the owners manual packet .

were you able to check the glove box?

the dealers were supposed to affix the radio code sticker in the glove box or center console lid or the under hood fuse box lid.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician