Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Honda Pilot 2016 gas cover will not open. Can hear the click

Customer Question

Honda Pilot 2016 gas cover will not open. Can hear the click of the cap when pushing the button. Also does not open when pulling manually the lever inside the trunk
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am mostly stranded. Honda shop is closed today. I have tried credit cards to slip under the gas cover
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this is a fault with the lock that locks the gas cap lid closed.It can fail and cause this issue usually needing replaced to correct this fault.This will have to be inspected further to see if it needs replaced to correct this fault here.This should be covered under factory warranty to have diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you.Once again I do apologize for the delay as this is the first time I have seen your question myself here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete