Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have all lights on truck, 2006 Honda ridgeline, but only

Customer Question
have running lights coming out...
I have all lights on truck, 2006 Honda ridgeline, but only have running lights coming out of trailer connector. I had a faulty bulb in trailer changed it out, had running lights on and 4 ways wires touched. The plastic separator broke in the process now I have no turn signals or brake lights, but do have running lights checked all fuses, all ok, please help thanks Mitch
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: I have no power at the trailer connector on truck, checked with test light, but do have power in running lights hole
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses and connectors on truck. Just thought there might be a fuse in line I do not know about.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
6/14/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Do you have the factory installed accessory wiring?

If all of the fuses are OK the trailer light control unit must have been damaged. It's up under the dash drivers side(see image). I have seen it happen a few times in the past so if the fuses are OK it must be bad.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,

~Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic