Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I just bought a car and I can't reset the clock,what shoul I

Customer Question
Hi,I just bought a car...
Hi,I just bought a car and I can't reset the clock,what shoul I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
6/6/2016
Mechanic for Honda: C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic

Turn the key to the on position press and hold the sound button. Adjust the time when you are done press the sound button one more time. If it gives you the error message again we will need to do a reset. Let me know if it does it again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did it,I need to do the reset

You need to disconnect both of the battery cables from the battery, wait 5 minutes and touch the cables together after the five minutes. Reconnect the battery cables and than we will retry. It has to get completely reset as it has incorrect data in the system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I reconnected the battery again,what should I do next?

Now you will turn the key into the on position, press and hold the sound button until the clock flashes. Now set the time, press the sound button one time once finished.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I turned the key the time was already flashing,and the buttons are not working,nothing is working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's asking for the code, and I don't know it

Look in the glove compartment and in the user manual if you have it. If not we need to press and hold 1 and 6 on the radio plus the power button. It will give you a letter and 4 numbers than another letter and 4 numbers write them down.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's U 1900 L 9109

That number is ***** up invalid can you try it again.

I literally just got off with my friend down at the dealership in seattle they ran it through the system and came up with a big ERROR make sure you get each number correct or it will not give us the code.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician