Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Need to replace the ac compressor, dryer and expansion valve

Customer Question
on a 201 CRV. Do...
Need to replace the ac compressor, dryer and expansion valve on a 201 CRV. Do I need to remove the front facia/fender/radiator?? Thank You..
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?
Customer: about 100,000. No work has been done to the radiator.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: AC compressor works (and car blows cold air) for about the first three miles of driving, then the cold air quits and blows hot. Had it diagnosed by an AC mechanic and he said that the AC clutch was slipping.. I could replace the clutch, but though I would replace the whole compressor - and the drier and expansion valve.. Your thoughts??
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, just had the car diagnosed this AM.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
6/2/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzuvck5fq0zyous/0602-crv-The%20expansion%20valve%20is%20located%20on%20the%20evaporator%20core.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/bzuvck5fq0zyous/0602-crv-The%20expansion%20valve%20is%20located%20on%20the%20evaporator%20core.doc?dl=0

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this for a 2010 Honda CRV?? Does not look familiar...

no,,thats a 2001,,sorry,..syand by

the front bumber will need to be removed on the 2010 model.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfugyyu914ygh3b/0602-crv-2010-Evaporator%20Expansion%20Valve%20Replacement.doc?dl=0

.

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/sfugyyu914ygh3b/0602-crv-2010-Evaporator%20Expansion%20Valve%20Replacement.doc?dl=0

.

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic