Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

I have 04 accord passenger side vent blowing cold air and

Customer Question

Hi I have 04 accord passenger side vent blowing cold air and driver side vent blowing hot air,cau u able to help me out.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As I said I have problems wint ac one Side hot and other side is cold
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Y
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I fill ac yesterday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Ok
JA: What else should I tell the Honda Mechanic?
Customer: One of friend have 2005 accord has the same problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Ron Z. I'll be helping you today. Give me a minute to type out your answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u there
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

When only one side of the dash has the correct air temp output, this is most commonly due to a faulty Air Mix Actuator. This is the motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC Housing to switch between heat and A/C. The driver's side actuator is located behind the center/driver's side of the dash (just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the nib by hand. The output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC Housing. It will need to be removed, opened and repaired as needed. If the out is correct, replace the Actuator. For an image location view, click here (Manual system show, Auto Temp System similar): https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpv8xh9oxsvgrk8/acc-act.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the double-post. I found another location image that should better clarify the actuator location. Click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pectxxuzy0luj8r/acc-act2.jpg?dl=0

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

HI! I noticed this thread was still open and unrated, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Was there anything else I could do for you on this issue?