Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Wont start : Replaced the starter but truck wont start : Yes

Customer Question

Wont start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced the starter but truck wont start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tryed to jump it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

First, what is the year, model and engine size of your Honda?

Second, does it turn over but not start, or no noise at all when turning the key to crank position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 honda ridgline v6 when i turn the key it clicks but wont start
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, if the battery is good, this sounds like a bad starter, but there are a couple of fuses and a relay we need to check first. give me a moment to upload their locations for you

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, in the engine compartment fuse box, check fuse 22 and 23 - see attached - and replace if blown

In the passenger compartment fuse box is the starter cut relay - see attached - swap it with a relay next to it and see if engine cranks over. If it does, replace the relay.

If fuses and relay is good, then replace the starter

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?