Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Honda odyssey 2006 how to reset indication "run flat limit

Customer Question
Hi .honda odyssey 2006 how...
Hi .honda odyssey 2006 how to reset indication "run flat limit stop driving "
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was changing the tires and I take out also tpms sensors and drive. When I put new tires and same sensors they are showing the pressure but the message stay on my screen.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I can try.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected battery ,also I check the screen computer but are not any function to restart tpms.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: What you mean?
JA: I hope not.
Customer: Do you know how to help me?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
5/27/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. It does not cost extra to accept or rate positive it's how the site knows when to compensate me.

I have attached the instructions for resetting the "run flat limit stop driving " message.

Thank you,

Cliff

When a tire goes flat or is very low on pressure, the multi-information display will show ''PAX SYSTEM WARNING, RUN FLAT DRIVING.'' After the tire is repaired or replaced, you must reset the warning indicator (and the mileage counter that supports it), no matter how far the vehicle was driven in the run flat mode.

1. To put the gauge control module into the self-diagnostic mode:

• Turn the headlight switch to ON.

• Press and hold the SELECT/RESET (Instrument panel brightness) knob.

• Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

• Within 5 seconds, turn the headlights to AUTO, then to ON, and then to AUTO again.

• Within 5 seconds, release the SELECT/RESET knob, then push and release the knob three times.

2. Once the gauge control module is in the self-diagnostic mode, press and hold the INFO button on the steering wheel for 5 seconds to get to the CUSTOMIZE MENU.

3. Use the INFO button to scroll through to the PAX RESET screen, then press the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel.

4. Use the INFO button to scroll to the appropriate wheel, and then press the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel to reset the PAX warning system display. The screen should read PAX RESET COMPLETED. Repeat this step for each wheel that needs to be reset.

5. Use the INFO button to scroll through to EXIT, then press the SEL/RESET button.

6. Turn the ignition switch to OFF to exit the self-diagnostic mode.

Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!

Thank you,

~Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic