Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2008 Honda Accord with ATC. A/C compressor either stays off

Customer Question
too long or fails to...
2008 Honda Accord with ATC. A/C compressor either stays off too long or fails to engage when A/C is commanded
JA: Can you tell if the cooling fans are running? Do you have access to a voltmeter?
Customer: Cooling fans are running
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I started the car cold and the system appeared to operate correctly initially. The A/C compressor seemed to cycle rather quickly so I put a pressure gauge on the low side only and watched the low side pressure drop off to nothing very quickly and the clutch cycled. After a while the time between compressor disengagement and re-engagement went from a second or 2 to minutes or never re-engaging
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am an automotive technician so yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: The problem just started happening yesterday after the car was shut off and restarted in the middle of a very hot day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
5/21/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Fixitman, Technician /Advisor replied 1 year ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if you checked the high side pressure also?
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician