Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I had to get a new battery and now my radio isn't working

Customer Question
it's a 1999 Honda Accord JA...
I had to get a new battery and now my radio isn't working it's a 1999 Honda Accord
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's says code and then says error the time is working just the radio isnt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yess I am
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: That I brought it straight out from someone and I can't find the manual
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
5/20/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Good morning. To unlock your radio you will need to retrieve an unlock code from Honda. I can do that for you, but I will need the vehicle's vin number and the radio serial number. The tough part is that on the 1999 Accord the only way to get the serial number is ***** the back of the radio it self, or occasionally the dealer will put the radio serial number on a sticker in the glove box. Do you think you will be able to pull the radio to get the serial number off of it? Have you checked for a number in the glove box yet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am looking there now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for telling me to look in the glove box I found the access code to unlock my radio
Oh that's awesome! Some dealers will do that. One of the big honda dealers here in my town will write them on the inside of the fuse box too. Please let me know if you need additional help!
Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician