justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

06 Honda civic ac compressor will not engage JA: Many things

Customer Question

06 Honda civic ac compressor will not engage
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Freon is good and already replaced the low pressure switch and it still does not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked Freon, low pressure switch and clutch relay fuse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. With then engine running and the hood up id like you to turn the a/c switch ON and note if both radiator cooling fans come on when the A/C is turned ON. I will wait for your response. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they do not
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Great. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just answer.Fans not coming on tells me a lot as a Honda/Acura only technician. This indicates that the pressure switch is indicating to the computer that the pressures are too low. This indicates a leak somewhere. I would add some R134A to the system along with some fluorescent dye. It make take a while for the system to leak out again, but when it does this dye will help you easily locate the leak. Adding refrigerant to the system should get it operational again at least temporarily. If you have more questions about this just let me know.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

any news here? Please remember that I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer. If you have any more questions just let me know.