Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Green key flashing on 2008 Civic JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

Green key flashing on 2008 Civic
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just drove from my house to job site, took keys out of ignition. Went to get something out of car and noticed Green key light flashing and oil, battery, brake, seatbelt, trunk and door open lights all on. Tried to crank, won't crank
JA: Working brake lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hopefully
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the Q&A is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can get all of the advice you came for! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. It does not cost extra to accept or rate positive it's how the site knows when to compensate me. In most cases when you have lights on with a no crank the battery is dead. If the alternator fails to charge this can happen. I would first make sure the battery cables are tight and clean on the battery. Second look for a loose or missing alternator belt, it might have broke or came off? Next try a jump start to see if it starts. The green key light is the immobilizer system warning. it will flash or come on if the available system voltage is low. If you do get it started with a jump let it run for a while to see if the battery will recharge. Then shut it off to see if it will restart on it's own. You don't want to get stranded somewhere else. If it won't restart I suspect the alternator is not charging the battery. If you have any questions fel free to reply. Thanks,~Cliff