Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

The other day as I'm driving my car. The check engine & tcs

Customer Question
lights went on. What could...
The other day as I'm driving my car. The check engine & tcs lights went on. What could be the possible reason for it ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As of right now the car is running fine. But I don't want to run into anymore problems while I'm driving. Especially when I have my child in there with me.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was going to bring it to a shop
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I think my ac may be going. But I'm not 100% sure about that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
5/16/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Carguy1, certified tech replied 1 year ago
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech
Hi there,There are over 500 different reasons for the check engine light to come on. Since the car is running normally it's likely an emission related problem and the car can be driven that way. Many times the traction control will be disabled when the check engine light come on as a safety precaution and the car is still fine to drive. Many parts stores will scan the computer for free to get the codes for you, if you would like to try and have that done and post it here with me, I can give you a much clearer answer. I would not be afraid to drive the car since it is running normally at this time. Check the gas cap and make sure it's tight, it's not uncommon for a loose gas cap to cause the light to come on.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Carguy1
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech