Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

2009 CR-V won't start, won't allow steering wheel to adjust,

Customer Question

2009 CR-V won't start, won't allow steering wheel to adjust, flashers work I have taken battery cable off for thirty seconds and put back won't help, what do I need to do
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Did you try jump starting it? Does anything else electrical work besides the hazard lights? Thanks,~Cliff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the battery has power, Door ringing, headlights windshield wipers
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean steering wheel to adjust? Is the starter working, does the key turn in the ignition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Key turns nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to jump it ???
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Do the dash and gauge cluster lights dim when you turn it to crank it? Any noise at all from the starter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing on dash lights up. No noise from starter, but key turns, I have a slow charger hooked up 1 amp will take awhile, all that is available
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK, it does sound like it's dead. Might want to wait at least several hours? When you have some news please get back to me. Thanks,~Cliff
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you,~Cliff