Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Yes which o2 sensor is bank 2 code p0161 JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question
Yes which o2 sensor is...
Yes which o2 sensor is bank 2 code p0161
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We have a code of P0161 bank 2 sensor 2. Just trying to find out which o2 sensor to buy.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet just trying to figure which o2 sensor is the correct one we need to buy.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/9/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Hi there.What year, model and engine size in your Honda?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2007 Honda Pilot v6
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also it is 4wd
Thank you for that information.Codes are the way the OBD-II computer tells us there are problems with specific circuits, and don't necessarily indicate a component is bad. In this particular case, P0161 means the OBD-II computer has detected a malfunction with the heater circuit for the downstream Oxygen sensor for engine bank 2 (closest to the front of the vehicle).Possible causes for this code are:blown #9 A/F fuse (15A) in the auxiliary fuse box - left side of engine compartment by brake fluid reservoirbad wiring or connectionbad Oxygen sensor - see attached graphic for locationbad onboard computer (PCM)Please let me know if further assistance is needed for this issue.Best Regards.
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer