justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have a 2006 Honda Accord EX 6-speed. Tthe driver's side blows

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Accord EX 6-speed. Tthe driver's side blows cold air and the passenger's side blows hot. Is the condenser bad or some other control gone bad since is a dual system.
JA: Air issues can be tricky. Fortunately, the mechanics are real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I set each side to 66 degrees and the drivers side blows cold and the passenger's side blows real hot. I have changed all the settings in different ways but nothing changes. I haved looked on line and the answers are all in different directions. Can the condenser go bad if one side is still blowing cold air. This does note sounds as if there is a leak or that I am low on freon. Need a better understanding before I take it to a shop and they know less than I do.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I probably could, but most likesly will take it to a shop. Not the Honda place in our town. Bad reputation.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Well, it has 260,000 miles on it, but I take extremely good care of my car and the mechanics I deal with think it will last another two hundred thousand miles. I maintain it properly. The only problem I have every had it I had to replace one sensor, it has four. It gets about 29 to 30 miles to the gallon. I keep the injecors cleaned and know eventually will have to have a converter but the car runs like a top. It is a V-6.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a few moments while I upload some information. Thanks!
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just answer.The problem here is a faulty passenger's side air mix motor. I will upload a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. It's about a $70 part. It's a very common failure. I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles so I see it frequently. If you have any more questions about this just let me know.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!Part will be #8 on the parts list.http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~motor~assy~79170-sda-a41.html
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Please remember that I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer. If you have any questions just let me know. Thanks