Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

I'm having trouble unlocking my drivers side door. I can put

Customer Question

I'm having trouble unlocking my drivers side door. I can put the key in but it won't turn.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can stick the key in the lock but it won't turn on the drivers side. I had to unlock it from the passengers side. I have an 07 Honda Fit.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly, but I am open to other solutions.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Everything else is a ok. It's just the lock issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having may be caused by a failed door lock actuator and the place to start would be to remove the door panel and check the actuator. See the steps to do this in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Lock%20actuator%20May%206.pdfSee the door panel removal steps in this link as well.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20panel%20May%206.pdf