Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2005 honda accord lx sedan radio backlight and Am/FM radio

Customer Question

my 2005 honda accord lx sedan radio backlight and Am/FM radio do not work. the cd player works and the a/c buttons work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I already checked the fuse #5,9 and 32 and they are good.
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I already took the radio out
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: I was looking for the 2.3 amp to use the circuit writer pen, but the radio in my 2005 is the stock Alpine not pioneer, so I have not found video on how to fix problem in this car. In other words I have only checked the fuses.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no I think that is everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the radio itself.I have seen this fail before internally causing issues like this here needing replaced.The radio usually either needs removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault here.I would have this tested further to make sure this is the cause here then repaired or replaced if found to be the fault for sure. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete