sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

EX-L: I have a 2016 Honda Ex-L. There is only a key fob to

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Honda Ex-L. There is only a key fob to lock/unlock car. The fob has been working until a few minutes ago when I went out to put a bag in the trunk. Trunk opened. Then I noted the lights on the car remained on. Now neither of my key fobs work to unlock or remote start the car. The cars front and rear lights remain on. What to do? I need to go to work in morning.
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Due to the complexity and design of modern electrical systems there isn't a lot that you would be able to do without having a scan tool for testing. The best thing you could have done was try the second fob, it not working either does prove that there is an issue on the vehicle. It could be a failed module, a communications issue, or simply a blown fuse.Are the doors locked; if not have you tried a battery disconnect?