HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I HAVE A 2011 CR-V CRANKS OVER FINE BUT WONT START JA: The

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2011 CR-V CRANKS OVER FINE BUT WONT START
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else I can tell the Honda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: IT HAS 97000 MILES ON IT
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I would like to assist you today. First of all, have you checked or tried anything so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cleaned battery cables
Expert:  Matt C. replied 1 year ago.
Did the vehicle stall on you or anything? Or did you just go out one morning and it would not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
started fine last night when i pulled it in the garage and would not start this morning
Expert:  Matt C. replied 1 year ago.
OK, the first thing you need to do is find out whether this is a fuel or spark related problem.If you get a can of starting fluid, spray a little in the intake and try to start it up and see if it fires for a second and then stall. If it does than you know you have a fuel related issue. Once you do that we can take it from there.
Expert:  Matt C. replied 1 year ago.
Also, if you have access to a scan tool, check to make sure there are no codes in the computer.