Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I changed fuse 13 to another 20A and it blew. I put in a 30

Customer Question
to test and it worked...
I changed fuse 13 to another 20A and it blew. I put in a 30 to test and it worked fine
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic

What year and model car do you have? Any aftermarket things like a radio or remote start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2007 Honda Ridgeline. Had a problem getting the shifter out of park. I changed fuse 13 and it was blowing but now fixed that problem. Working on the issue of no turn signal and hazards. I do have aftermarket remote start and trailer hitch.

if the trailer hitch wiring is not the Honda hitch wiring I would start with disconnecting the hitch wiring. I have seen a few issues where the converter box that is part of that wiring goes bad and causes issues. the turn signals are protected by fuse #16 in the under hood fuse box(15 amp fuse)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2007 Honda Ridgeline. Replaced the brake light switch and the fuses. Everything works fine until I have applied the brakes approx. 5-6 times. Then the brakes feel like they grab with barely any pressure on the brakes then the VSA light comes on. I have to turn the truck off and re start it. When I do, I'm good for a while again then the problem repeats.

Did you try disconnecting the trailer hitch wiring yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't been able to find out how to do that yet

I think you will need to do that because it could be causing issues.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I disconnect it?

Most likely you will need to remove both tail lights and you will find they attached the trailer hitch wires there. the probably used scotch locks that you can open up and remove the wires.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed the wires but the truck wouldn't start before I had to a chance to do it. I got a boost and fired up no problem but I can't shut it off and re start without assistance

do you have a battery charger? Sounds like all the checking you have been doing ran the battery down or it has gone bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I changed the battery completely now apparently the vehicle is in anti theft mode

To reset it and get the horn to stop blowing lock and unlock the drivers door with the key a couple times after you hook the battery up and the horn starts to honk.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a remote start (not factory) installed will that make a difference?

If it is just the horn that is honking it will not mater

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the horn wasnt' going off just locking and unlocking and not able to start

Try disconnecting the battery and them turn the key to the on position. While the key is in the on position hook the battery back up and see if it will start.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this seems to have taken care of the truck locking and unlocking. I can turn the key but it will not fire

When you inset the key do you see green light flashing that looks like a key?

If that light is flashing the vehicle lost the key programming. If you have another key try it and see if the light stops flashing. If the light still flashes constantly you will need to have it towed to the dealer to get the keys reprogrammed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to a dealer. The key was responding so they didn't have to reprogram but they did have to disconnect the remote start. Thought I would give an update

Thanks for the update. Sounds like the remote start may have been your whole issue.

I may not have been of much help so i am not leaving an option for you to accept my help and pay me.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician