Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a Honda CRV 2012, it vibrates when it comes to a full

Customer Question
stop on drive mode. It...
I have a Honda CRV 2012, it vibrates when it comes to a full stop on drive mode. It gets better when the heater or AC is on. The vibration is really bad and you could even feel it in the passenger's seat. What might be the problem with the car? I heard this is happening in the 2015 but I did not hear much about the 2012 vibration. Can this be fixed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Fixitman, Technician /Advisor replied 1 year ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if this only occurs when the vehicle is at a full stop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it happens when the vehicle is at a full stop

Thank you. Most of the time this is due to a dirty throttle body. It is very common. Having the throttle body cleaned out will typically take care of it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I just bought it from a dealership, and it stops vibrating when the heater or the ac is on. Is it still due to the dirty throttle body?

Yes. If you just bought it they should clean it for you. When you turn on these other systems the idle kicks up automatically which assists in the idle.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It stops vibrating when the heater/ac is turned ON, and I thought if it is the dirty throttle body it vibrates MORE when heater/ac is turned on

Not on a lot of vehicles. When these are turned on the throttle body opens slightly which assists it in bypassing the debris in the throttle body.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was very nervous and scared because it was my first car and I heard about the problem in the 2015 CRV vibrations in idle and they were not sure what is the problem. I really hope that it is the dirty throttle body that is causing the vibrations. Can there be other factors that might cause the vibrations? Thank you

Typically it is either that, a dirty intake, or worn engine mounts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try and get throttle body cleaned, thanks for your help

No problem. If you need anything else in the future please let me know. Please rate when you can and have a great rest of your night.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to the mechanic and when he test drives the car doesnt vibrate and he said he checked everything you told me and there was nothing wrong...I understand that it is a 4 cylinder car and I might feel some vibrations but it has some strong vibrations sometimes...Can you give me some advise??

If the problem is not occurring when the vehicle is being tested then it will be hard for the mechanic to be able to tell if these parts are a problem.

Fixitman
Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor